Almost Christmas!

Only two more week left of school before the Christmas/Summer holidays! While I am not looking forward to two months without being paid, I am excited to have an official break and not worry about whether I will be called in to work.

Of course I have already had a bit of a break lately. It had been 2 and a half weeks between jobs when I finally got a call on Friday to teach a gr1/2 class. I have taught them several times before (last time they had the prac student I complained in a blog about) so that always makes it easier knowing what type of class you are getting. It was actually a really nice day, I got very lucky! I had them for half an hour in the morning before sending them off on the bus to go swimming for 1 and a half hours. I got to stay behind at school with those that didn't go, three kids! So I let them play on the computers and white boards and all I had to do was sit there and watch them (and get paid for it!), too easy! Unfortunately when they came back during morning tea it was raining so the school declared it a 'wet lunch' which means children eat inside. They were a bit excitable from the swimming and the rain (funny how children's behavior changes as soon as it starts raining!). But after that we went to a special parade for Movember where the male staff members shaved off their mustaches they had been growing. This took a fair while so when we finally got back into the classroom there was only less than an hour before lunch. Come lunch time I was 'lucky' enough to have duty while the children were eating and started playing, during this time it started raining again which gave me a headache (apparently lunch + rain = screaming children) thankfully the second half of lunch I got to eat in peace (and take aspirins lol). Then the afternoon went quickly, they had rotations that I just had to supervise. So overall I had a very easy day, a nice way to get back into work.

This week I already have one booking, at the same school I just wrote about, in a grade two class that I haven't had before so that should be interesting. I also am taking this Tuesday off to go to the dentist (I know - lucky me!!!) I am getting a filling and a cleaning that is going to be expensive (they show you the bill in advance!) but the funny thing is that is the same day I get paid. So basically my pay will go in and straight out of my account that day!

A weird experience I had this past week; I was at the hairdressers, sitting there getting my hair cut when a mother and her daughter and baby come in. The daughter sits next to me and at first I don’t recognize her but I look in my mirror and standing directly behind me is the mother, just staring at me! It was kind of weird, I had a feeling I knew her but couldn’t for the life of me remember who she was until it hit me! She was the mother that a while ago bailed me up before school and verbally attacked me for no reason! And now here she was staring me down! I tired not to make eye contact with her. She tried to get her baby to sit in the hairdressers chair to get her ‘used to it when she needs to get her hair cut’ (the child was almost bald!). The baby started screaming her head off and the mother kept trying to push her into the chair it was ridiculous! So after feeling very uncomfortable as soon as my hairdresser was done I got the hell out of there! hahaha

Have a good week,
Miss Snix.

2 comments:

Maestro said...

"Christmas/Summer Holiday" Hee hee... that just never gets old (sorry, I know that's how it is in your hemisphere)

So... is it weird to sing Christmas songs that talk about snow? (Like I should talk... I live in California)

Re: Parent run-in - yeah isn't that fun? I do my grocery shopping in the store right down the street from the school; I run into kids and parents all the time. No bad ones so far, lucky me.

Billie's Mummy said...

We have a lot of Aussie Christmas songs we sing about 'blazing sun' and the heat lol But it is a bit odd when we sing songs about snow (it doesn't snow in my town ever! Rarely in my state actually!) lol

You should be so lucky!!!