Bit of This - Bit of That

Last week I worked two days, that I can recall lol that's bad I can't remember exactly. I know Monday I took the day off because I was waiting for an electrician to come back (I had a light bulb explode. Apparently it's rare but can happen. And it made a big bang and shattered everywhere!) anyway he didn't come then even though he said he would so the next day I went to work. I remember I worked Tuesday because he came that afternoon after I got home. I taught a prep class at the school I had my last contract with (teaching prep but this was a different prep class this time). I had taught this class before and they also knew me from when I was teaching the other prep class (hope your not too confused!) It was a nice day with them but the regular aide was away so I had a lady come in for her first ever paid aide work, she was a little bit nervous but it all went well. The big event of the day was the children went swimming. We had to get the children changed at school and have an early lunch and then race out to the bus. And of course we were running late so I made the kids eat as quick as they could and rushed them out the door only to find the bus wasn't there. So we waited 15mins in the sun for it to come and then went to the pool, I got to come back with the previous class while the aide stayed with them. After that they got back, we did inside activities and the day came to an end. It was a great day overall.

Then I worked a grade three class at the school I had the yr4/5 contract, that was on Thursday (Can't for the life of me think if I worked Wednesday, don't think I did. Should check my diary) I hadn't taught that class before but they knew me from around the school. They were an okay class (had worse/better), a little bit chatty but all worked without too much complaint (well except for the few boys I kept in at lunch to finish their work). Very different to the last grade three class I taught; no swearing, hitting, kicking, or any vile behavior actually. Very nice for a change but it is eye opening how children in the same year level but at different schools/classes can be so different to each other. I had a teacher aide in the room with me all day who the normal teacher said would help out and know what to do but she just sat at a desk at the back of the room marking things all day and when I asked her to help with the art she didn't have a clue what to do, but she was very friendly.

Didn't work Friday because I had to go to the dentist. It's a month long wait so you have to take any appointment you can get, the news I got from the visit wasn't the greatest but it wasn't really anything I didn't know. It was my first time seeing a private dentist so he told me the truth (unlike the public ones that tell you not to worry about that hole in your tooth - now I get to really worry! And they just ignore and brush over any concerns you have because they don't have time aka couldn't care less) and I know have a 'plan of action'. Unfortunately it is going to take a long time to get done (aghh waiting periods!) and a lot of money, so I really need to start working more to earn money to pass on to the dentist. But hopefully it will all work out and once it's all done it will be much better (can't get worse lol) Also today I have discovered my pet guinea pig (who hasn't been eating lately and I have been so worried about) has a chipped tooth so I am going to try and get her into the vet tomorrow afternoon after work. I just hope I am not too late; last time my other piggy was sick I left her a few days and when I finally decided to call the vet it was too late and she passed away before I even made the call and I was so angry at myself for not doing something sooner. I just hope he can help her, and I already know the bill will be a good one. It's amazing how much one little piggy can cost you!

I already have two bookings this week. I was called on Friday afternoon and booked to work a yr2/3 class where I taught prep last week. My friend has been teaching different yr2/3 classes at the school recently and hasn't really enjoyed it that much so I'm really looking forward to it. No, I have taught that year level there before and some are challenging but there are a couple of lovely classes. I hope I get one of the lovely ones or it's going to be a long two days.
Anyhow it's getting late and I need some rest,
Miss Snix.

0 comments: