It's Been a Bad Week

I have been meaning to do a blog for the past couple of days but have been putting it off. Teaching wise not a whole lot has been happening. I taught the grade 2/3 class on Monday and Tuesday and they weren't too bad, no where near as bad as what my friend had told me they were for her. I got to briefly see the two prep aides I worked with and the prep teacher I taught next to when I was on contract so that was nice.

I also had a small car accident on Monday after school trying to leave the road the school is on. The car in front of me went to take off from a stop sign, I went to move us, she put the brakes on quickly and so did I but I didn't stop quick enough and bumped the back of her car. We swapped details and I called my insurance and booked my car in to get checked and I thought it was all sorted. Until Thursday night I get a call from her husband (who wasn't there at the accident) saying I have to buy her a new rear bumper bar. I questioned him what their insurance and mechanic said only to find out they hadn't even contacted either! So I told them to contact mine and they would sort them out and not to call me again. There wasn't any damage to the car! So I let my insurance know about them calling me and what they said. I had my car checked and serviced on Friday and all that was wrong was it needed a wheel alignment. There were no bumps, dents, scratches or paint off which is good since I only bought it brand new half way through this year.

Never got a booking Wednesday and then took Thursday and Friday off for personal reasons. My guinea pig stopped eating a few days earlier and had been getting daily needles from the vet to help her but it didn't work and in the end I was told there was nothing more he could do for her and I should think about putting her to sleep. I have had guinea pigs for 12 years and this ones sister had passed suddenly 2 months earlier, so she was my last one. I had a feeling that she didn't have long and something was happening; call it intuition, but the very next day after he said that she went downhill very fast. So I took the Thursday off to spend with her, making sure she was comfortable and getting lots of cuddles in. She lost all physical control in the late afternoon, it was horrible seeing her like that, but kept breathing. I had her in a basket and put her next to my bed when I went to bed so she wouldn't be alone. At 3am my cat started meowing, something she never does so that woke me up and when I returned to bed I checked on her and she had passed on. This meant Friday I had to bury her, so I wasn’t really in the mood to go to work. And I had to take my car to get checked that day. I also decided to move her cage out of sight and put some of her stuff away so I didn't have a reminder she was no longer here.

So last week was a very crappy one for me! lol I can only hope this week is better! There is only a few more weeks left of school for the year and then it's Christmas holidays! yay!

Take care,
Miss Snix.

0 comments: