Work

After 2 weeks of not working I finally returned to work today. I got a phone call at 6.45am asking me to work at a school. It was the school I had the grade 4/5 contract at but today I taught a grade 3 class that I have taught many times before for relief and at one point was tricked into having a contract while teaching them. Thankfully that won't be the case this time because I spoke with the teacher in the morning and she was only taking the day off to take her son to the doctor. And I won't be able to work five days in a row because I have a family member leaving on Friday so I am taking the day off to see her go. Half way through the day the (acting) deputy principal came to see me (while I was in the middle of teaching) to see if I wanted to teach his (he is taking a class temporarily) year 6/7 class tomorrow. I said no. Felt good too, normally I would smile and pretend to laugh at his little remarks to make a good impression but he is a twat and I am in demand in a lot of other schools anyway I no longer feel the need to suck up (not that I was being rude!) But I told him I am only teaching the littlies these days and since they were so desperate for a relief teacher (personally I don't think he should be discussing so openly that his school is struggling to find teachers when there are so many relief teachers out there fighting for jobs. Says it all really) he said he would see if he could get one of the teachers he had lined up to take a junior class to swap and take his. So a little while latter he returned (again while I was in the middle of trying to teach maths; no it's okay. . . 8 year olds will stop what we were doing and sit there quietly while he talks to me. As if!) and said that he would like me to take the grade 1/2 class. I have taught them before, some days they are wonderful and other days they are little horrors so I agreed to it and off he went on his merrily way sipping his coffee to find where he left his class while I got to settle down 20 eight year olds.

My last post I was wondering if I would get a payslip for not earning any money; I didn't haha I looked up my bank account thinking they might have paid me for my last week on contract but nothing was showing up. So I looked at my last payslip and turns out they paid the last week of my contract before I even worked it so it was all in a nice neat fortnight package. Ohh well, still got the money just before I was expecting it. And just goes to show how closely I look at my payslips! haha I always check off dates for relief work in case they forget a booking but I never really look at dates when on contracts; as long as they pay a fortnightly pay I am happy. But if I get another contract will look closer! Also got a little freaked out when on the notes section of the payslip it said my casual pay (relief work) was about to cease, didn't really understand this but then today I got a form to fill out to continue being a relief teacher for next year. So I guess they were just getting in early (2 months early!) to let me know the end of the year was coming and they weren't going to pay me (duhh!) until next year when I get to (once form is complete) be a relief teacher all over again (yay me lol)
Anywho should be going, need to get ready for an early night. Unlike last night I stayed up until almost 1am watching Walk the Line. I am surprised I was so awake today! When I was at uni I could do all nighters and then still attend class with no worries but these days I need my sleep!
Miss Snix.

3 comments:

Francisco Castelo Branco said...

HI

I saw your blog and i think is interesting

I have a blog also
I would like a opinion.....

the adress is www.olhardireito.blogspot.com

I am a student law

I have a translate tool

Maestro said...

Well, the older you get... things just kind of change on you. Last year I had to pull a couple of all-nighters and I didn't recover quite the same way I used to when I was an undergrad.

Billie's Mummy said...

Are you saying I'm old!? lol