Working Hard to Make a Living . . .

Well it's been a couple of weeks since I last blogged, I am still alive! So I thought I would do a little update. Nothing overly exciting has happened since my last post, I have just been doing supply work around the area. Have had a cold/flu come and go a few times over the past two weeks, my throat is still a little sore. It seems just as I am losing the flu I go and pick a new one up. Got to love working with kids!
Some days are good and other days couldn't end quick enough. Last week started good at a nice school with a good class but then the next three days I was at a different school in a different grade each day but in each class the behaviour of the children was just shocking! I spent about 90% of my time doing behaviour management and felt a real struggle to actually teach anything. Thank goodness they aren't my classes! lol I seriously wonder how some teachers cope when they have to deal with that day in and day out. I actually had a discussion with a teacher this past week how it is no wonder so many teachers are getting burned out and leaving the profession. I don't blame some of them!
I had a weird encounter this past week. Last year when teaching year 1/2/3 at the start of the year I had a final year uni prac student in my class well she has now graduated and has a full time job until the end of the year at one of the schools I was doing supply for. I just find it so weird that last year I was teaching her about teaching and now she has a full time teaching job and I don't. And I will admit I am fairly jealous of that; even though I love doing supply because it is less stressful and better pay I still would love to have my own class.
I turned my mobile on this morning, haven't had it on since last Saturday (yes I am slack lol) and found a message from a district office up north offering me a part time contract. Am not taking it, I have had a few of these types of offers this year. But I figure if I move up there in the middle of nowhere (they keep offering me 1-2 teacher school jobs) when the contract ends I am stuck there and will need to make my own way out and will still be no better off than I am staying here doing supply and getting contracts that come up.
Until next time,
Miss Snix.

1 comments:

Maestro said...

Yeah... the flu sucks. I think I have it now. phhhltl....