New Job

I got a phone call tonight . . . or last night since it has just gone past midnight (hmm really should go to bed soon lol) Anyway! I got a phone call from a principal of a school that I had done a bit of supply work for offering me a small contract. I accepted! It is teaching a prep class (that I have taught before; it's a good class) for a week before the holidays and a week after the holidays. It is only a short contract so I am guessing (hoping) the normal teacher will have left planning for me to teach, which would be nice! ALso since there is a holiday in the middle I am guessing (again hoping) that will cover holiday pay. It is a big school that is continually enrolling and expanding so this might be a nice way to get my foot in the door for something further, especially since next term they will be looking at classes and positions for next year! And if you have a job in the first couple of next year then you have a better shot of making it permanent. But I am getting way ahead of myself! It doesn't start for a few more weeks so in that time I might get more work at the school which would be great and give me a chance to talk to the teacher I am filling in for. Aghh I am rambling again. . . I am good at that! lol
I got a phone call yesterday from a school I worked at last week (not one of my favorite schools; very stressful!) while I was at work at another wanting to book me for the next day. Apparently I have become their 'number one relief teacher' because I know how to 'handle' the students (in other words they annoyed me so badly I laid down the law and the principal really liked that - go figure) I wasn't too keen on this so I took the day off and spent the time cleaning at home which was quite nice since I spent all last week and the weekend away from home, my poor dog didn't know what I was doing here! lol Today was actually a nice day, yesterday it was so freeing!!! Aghh I hate Winter! And it seems to be getting colder, it didn't help having wind and rain yesterday either especially when it meant the kids had to have a wet lunch (they eat and then come straight back to class)and were restless and worked up from the weather and being stuck inside all day; didn't blame them!
Anywho . . .I seriously need to get some sleep!
Miss Snix

0 comments: