A lot of Work and Very Little Care

Well last week I took three days off and only worked 2 days by choice, it was very nice actually. Unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it, right now I am looking at it as an unfortunate thing, I have been booked to do two weeks straight of supply teaching in one school. It was the school I worked at on Monday, they liked me and I know the office lady when she worked at another school, so they kept calling and calling booking me for different days until the two weeks were full. I haven't taught at the school much, I taught there last year in the uppers and didn't like it but I think this past Monday might have been the first time there this year, it was in a junior class and wasn't too bad. It is good that at least I won't be woken up for two weeks being booked in the morning, and the pay will be good. But I am personally really really really (yes, that much really!) not in the mood for it.
I have had a miserable weekend. I woke up on Saturday morning to find my pet guinea pig had passed away, which has just devastated me more than I realised it would. I am the type of person who gets so emotionally attached to pets and I have been crying nonstop all weekend thinking there was something I should have done. She had been a little down for a few days; not eating much and looking very sleepy. But I thought she was picking up, she was running around and starting to eat a little so it just came as a very big shock. I feel so heart broken at the moment, I miss my little girl. I have another guinea pig, her sister, who is now by herself. On Saturday you could see her looking for her. I am so worried she will fret without her sister, she is three years old and they have been together their whole life but so far she seems to be okay. She is still running around and eating and she has my little dog that visits her each day. My dog lays next to the cage and they look at each other nose to nose. I think she knew her sister was sick and that she is in a better place now. I think she is dealing with it a lot better than I am. I feel like an emotional wreak at the moment.
My TV broke last night. Don't know what happened, pressed the on button but nothing happened. It just stopped working, I have had it since I was a child so am surprised it worked as long as it did. Normally things like this wouldn't bother me, I would just buy a new one. But instead I burst into tears and cried myself to sleep, I know it had nothing to do with the TV. So today I went and bought a new TV. I set it all up but then the damn VCR wouldn't work with it, all I did was take the cords out of the old TV and put them in the same slots in the new one. So I ripped the VCR, top box and PlayStation cords all out of each other (probably not necessary but whatever at this stage!), put them all back (I swear they were in the same slots as before) and the damn thing worked!
I am just feeling so stressed out and like I have no control over anything at the moment. And the last thing I feel like doing is working. I am teaching a mixture of classes, for a few days I am meant to be teaching a grade one class which I hope will be nice and the other days I am doing TRS work which means I will fill in for teachers for a few hours at a time, so I will be teaching different grades in one day. I told the person that booked me that I only teach the early years now (here early years is prep to year 3) her response "that's okay the highest class you will have is a couple of year 5 classes". How on earth is year 5 early years!?! I am doing a TRS day tomorrow. I just pray that the week goes quickly.
Until next time; be well all!
Miss Snix.

0 comments: