Kindness of Kids

Well my last post was not a very happy one but a little time has passed and I have calmed down about the situation and would like to take some time to write about some nice things that happened during my last week at the previous school so later on I don't forget about them.
While we were on the excursion the children were looking at flowers (weeds actually lol) and were picking a few, a few of girls actually climbed up high on some rocks to pick some very pretty looking ones and a couple of the girls gave little bunches to me because they wanted me to have some. Also I was in charge of first aid for the day which meant I had to carry a very heavy box of first aid supplies around the island the whole day, one of the boys (not in my class) offered to carry it for me. Several other boys also shared carrying it. I found it very heavy but these 9/10 year olds wanted to help me out :)
The day after the excursion one of my girls came to me in the morning and said she had a gift for me. She handed me that days newspaper and a brand new box of tea. I don't drink tea but I thought it was a very sweet gesture!
On my last day at the school after the children found out I was leaving they all made cards to surprise me. Okay not really a surprise, they did it during silent reading and asked me for paper. One even asked me to fold the paper for her lol and I could hear them talking about it but I played along :) Everyone in the class signed everyone else's cards and did drawings for me it was so sweet.
I am glad I was given the opportunity to teach the class, even if it was only for a short time. They were a great bunch and the teacher they are now getting is very lucky.
There is one more week of school holidays left and after that it looks like I am returning to relief work and that is okay, one day it will be my turn to have my own class on a longer full term basis (maybe even permanent - what a shock of a thought lol) But until then I am lucky I get to go into others classroom and gain a lot of great ideas that I wouldn't have going into my own straight off. I also get to meet a lot of wonderful children who remind me of the good (and at times shockingly bad) things about teaching.
Until next time, peace out!
Miss Snix.

1 comments:

Maestro said...

Yeah... it's stuff like this that makes it all worthwhile. You know, the schools don't pay us what we're worth... and maybe they can't. But the other side is that the kids pay us back with things that are worth way more than money.

Not that I... uh... don't like my aycheck ;-)