So Tired!

My self imposed strike has come to an end. I am back working; full time! Quite impressed with myself lol So far I have worked three days in a row and am absolutely exhausted! I am on contract at the moment teaching prep. Basically I have 25 five year olds keeping me on my toes all day. But its okay, they are a nice bunch. There are only a couple with behaviour problems and compared to some children's behaviour I have dealt with in the past this is a breeze. The kids were a bit worked up today, their normal aid is away at training so there was a new one in that I had to explain things to (even though I don't really know where anything is myself), it was also free dress day which got them all excitable, and it is very close to the holidays. I can't wait for the holidays!!! Two weeks to just relax (of course I am ignoring the fact that I recently decided to have a gap of ten days between jobs) And the best bit is I do get paid for the holidays as part of my contract! When I got to the school on Monday the register took me into her office and filled out the paperwork for me, most schools give it to you and make you fill out all your details but this is a nice friendly school who did it for me (apparently they can look it all up on the system but other schools are obviously just to lazy to do it) and all I had to do was sign it, while she was filling it out I noticed the dates she put down covered the holidays so I asked and was assured it did cover them. Yay!
The prep class next to mine has a 15 year old work experience girl in it at the moment, quite interesting talking to her. She says when she finishes school she is going to become a prep teacher, nothing else, just a prep teacher. Bless her little heart thinking it is that easy. I remember when I started uni I wanted to be a preschool teacher (back in the day before prep replaced it), it wasn't until the last semester in my second last year of uni that I realised I didn't mind teaching primary years (coincidentaly it was the first time the uni let us have experience with primary classes), it was a good thing I did since most my work is in the primary years. I even get a lot of work in the upper years which I am qualified to teach but personally don't think I am well trained in, ohh well. But it would be nice to say I am going to be teach a specific grade and actually land a job straight away doing that lol In an ideal world maybe but I didn't say anything to her, didn't want to crush her enthusiastic blind dream. Good luck to her lol
I got a letter this week from the department of Education informing me that they are changing the rating system of new teachers. When I graduated I was given a rating of 'S1 outstanding' which meant I was first in line for permanent jobs (two years later, still not permanent hmm). . .excuse me for a moment while I finish laughing my head off. Anywho they have changed all the ratings and there is no more S ratings (not really sure what the S stood for anyway). Instead my 'S1 outstanding' rating has been replaced by 'High Performing Applicant' Sounds good doesn't it? Except I was fairly chuffed being outstanding now I am merely high performing, it is still the highest one but isn't as impressive to me. Ohh well it's not like it has helped my employment situation anyway, and there has been several more rounds of graduates come out after me all fighting for a job as well. The rating system clearly doesn't mean much since it can't guarantee jobs even to the states so called top teachers so why do they even bother rating teachings. I have a friend who only got a S2 rating and yet she gets the same amount of relief work as I do. Pointless if you ask me. Anyway I should be getting some sleep soon, two more days until holidays. Did I mention how much I am looking forward to holidays!?!
Catch you later,
Miss Snix.

0 comments: