First Day

I survived. LOL That's pretty much all I can think of to sum it up. Okay, so it wasn't as bad as I had imagined it. Maybe I was a little neurotic in that sense. The kids weren't nearly as scary as I thought they were going to be in fact most of them seem really friendly and willing to learn and do what ever they are told. There are of course a few that I can already see are going to be a pain hmmm Mean Miss Snix may have to come out for them! One of the kids actually said I was fun, but that was only after two hours with me. And one was sad that I was only teaching them for the rest of the term and said she wanted me for the rest of the year, I'm sure she'll change her mind lol I had a bit of a topsy turvy morning when during our first activity, pre-spelling test, half way through I realised I was doing the wrong list and made the kids rub it all out and start again oops lol The day with the kids went fairly quickly which was nice, the two hour staff meeting after school however is a whole nother story! At the end of the day I did have a headache and for some reason very sore feet and I am so tired. Aghh only four more days to the weekend. . . I know that's bad to think that way but it's been a long day!
Anywho thanks for reading my ramblings!
Until next time,
Miss Snix.

2 comments:

Q6 said...

It'll take you a little while to get into a rhythm, but one you're there, you'll love it. (I don't know a whole lot about early grade levels--I work in the higher grade levels; I also don't know how the school schedule works in Australia, so I don't know how much time you have to find that rhythm.)

You're trained for the job, though, so you must know what you're doing. Try not to second-guess yourself too often (at least, not publicly)--that's what usually stalls the careers of teachers on this side of the Pacific.

You'll do great. Good luck.

Maestro said...

Congrats on Day 1! Awesome!