Day before 'the day'

Well today is the day before I start my new job. I am so nervous it is ridiculous. I have taught so many different classes this year alone and never given them a second though. But I think the thing playing on my mind is that they are older kids than I've been teaching this year and last year I had a few bad experiences with the bigger kids. Younger children are so much easier to deal with, even when throwing tantrums and acting like monkeys; I utter the words "Simon says . . ." and they forget what they are doing and focus all their energy on that. Big kids aren't that easy. I've done the planning and yet still feel so unprepared. I can only pray that it is not as bad as I am thinking it will be in my head. I think I think too much.
Wish me luck, I need all I can get.
Miss Snix.

1 comments:

Maestro said...

Hi, Welcome to Blogger (And to the teaching profession)

It's funny, each teacher finds their niche where grade levels are concerned. It depends on what kind of interaction you prefer. A lot of people find younger kids easier to manage: they are generally more obedient and will do things "just because."

See, I prefer the older kids - high school. Yeah dealing with them takes more diplomacy, but they are also a lot more self-sufficient.

Anyway, good luck. I know how those first few days at a new job can be.