Stressful and Wonderful in the Same Week!

Last week I worked two days at the same school. ANd the two classes could not have been more different to each other!

I worked Wednesday in a grade one class, next door to the prep/one class I just had a contract with. They were so different to the p/1 class! They were very chatty the whole time and lost focus easily! I had one child (thankfully I was warned about prior) who refused to do any work and at one point I thought had ran off, well he did but he just went to the drink taps without asking but came back - this set off the panic in me which I had to keep covered since it was a few mins before the bell went and the parents were all outside waiting. . .and watching. Was a very long day!

I got home that night and had a very sore throat, haven't had to raise my voice in so long! Thankfully I had Thursday off to recover.

Friday I was back at the school teaching a prep class. They were so lovely!!! We mixed with the other prep class and we did rotations so I got to meet them all and they were all so nice and lovely! I am going to love teaching them in the future this year. We actually had to quickly change our plans for rotations because my group was meant to be outside and as soon as we get out there it starts raining! Normally when it rains children's behaviour turns bad but they were so well behaved and we just went inside and read a story. Inside activity time is also normally a stressful time as the children are all over the place doing whatever they feel like but they all played quietly and there were no dramas. To end the day the teacher I replaced left a video for them to watch, so we joined the other prep class and ended the pleasent day. If only all days could be so wonderful!!!

Miss Snix.

0 comments: