Life Update

Not that anybody reads my blog lol But I recently stumbled back upon it and felt I should give a little update on life now and perhaps have a bit of closure for it.

Well I finished my Special Education Masters degree!!! However after completing it I have not worked since because....I had a baby! I worked a few days early in my pregnancy doing relief work but became very ill and Dr told me no more work. I ended up having pre-pre-eclampsia and a very dramatic birth; induced early, in labour for 4 days, had a caesarean and then that night had pulmonary edema which put me in a coma for a couple of days. I had a small hole rip in my heart and damaged lungs, but I am being treated and monitored and am finally starting to feel like a normal person again. And my baby girl is a little over two years old, happy, healthy and full of beans!!!! Due to everything that happened and the possibility of her being my only child (can fall pregnant again but been warned it is risky) I have decided to be a full time stay at home mother...although we are never at home! She has such a busy little schedule: Mondays-Kindermusik class, Tuesday-Swimming lessons, Wednesdays-Kindy Gym, Thursdays-Playgroup, Friday-Kindy Gym (she loves it!). And I am absolutely loving being around so many little people!!! It is reminding me why I wanted to be an Early Childhood teacher in the first place, and after being worn down with stressful employment dealing with older children and other dramas it is such a nice feeling :)

I have also been offered a job at my daughters swim centre! The owner asked me if I was interested in training to be a swim instructor working with the babies/toddlers. Unfortunately (well not really) we are heading overseas soon but she is very understanding and said to let her know when I am ready next year so that is something great to look forward to. Have also been thinking about what I would like to do once my daughter hits school age which is a while off but good to think about. While the swim instructor would be great while she is young chances are it will only be a part time thing, you never know though. But I have seriously been thinking about doing home daycare, I love the younger aged children, am really not a fan of the school system any more (although I do miss the pay!) and think it would be the perfect transition for what I am doing with my child now to then take it on professionally. Anyway at the moment I am just 'thinking' of my options and in the meantime I am embracing and enjoying every moment of being a mother <3 p="">
So until next time...
Miss Snix.

0 comments: